Welcome to Harbor View!
April Harbor View Neighborhood Association Meeting
The next meeting of the Harbor View Neighborhood Association will be on April 3, 2023, at 6pm. The meeting is In Person only but will be streamed via Facebook for archival purposes. Attendance on Facebook does not qualify for voting. The meeting will be held in the Salesian Boys and Girls Club cafeteria, across from the Brooke Charter School on Byron Street. You can access the meeting from the front door on Byron Street or from the rear door on Wordsworth Street, which is the handicap entry, to avoid the stairs. Since we are indoors, masks are optional for those in attendance.
La proxima reunion de Harbor View Neighborhood Association esta en el tres de abril a las 6pm. La reunion esta en persona y via Facebook. La asistencia en Facebook no califica para vota. Llega a la cafeteria del Salesian Boys y Girls Club por la calle Byron al otro lado de Brooke Charter School. Pueda usar la entrada pricipal por la calle Byron o la entrada en calle de Wordsworth. La entrada de calle Wordsworth no tienne escaleras por personas con discapacidades. El cubre bocas sera opcional puesto que estaremos adentro.
- Welcome/Introduction (5min)
- Announcements (5min) East Boston Senior Center is open. Greenway Council membership. Tree Eastie, McLean Park Update. Project Place Climb for a Cause 4/22/23 at Fenway Park. Love Your Block 4/29/23. One Boston Day 4/15/23, Acts of Kindness.
- Station 7 Police Report (15min) Sgt. Cintolo, Officers Mosley. Figueroa and Alvarez.
- Councilor Gabriela Coletta (10min) Our City Councilor will briefly update us on what she has been working on for East Boston.
- Tree Eastie (10min) Bill Masterson, founder of Tree Eastie will present plans for Arbor Day/Earth Week plantings. Relaunched website, free yard tree offerings, recent grants and more.
- 64 Homer Street (45min) Theresa Strachila, Mayor’s Office of Housing, invites us to share our thoughts on the future of the parcel at 64 Homer Street which has been vacant for many years. She will explain the process to us for deciding and voting on the future of this parcel of land. There is a proposal for this parcel to be used for urban agriculture. What do you think?
- 5 Swift Terrace (30min) 1st Presentation, David Lank, Sharpe Venture Group, and his development team propose demolishing the existing structures on a separate permit. Then construct a new 7 unit building with 5 parking spaces, 3 roof decks and basement storage.
The next meeting of the HVNA will be on May 1, 2023.
Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/groups/harborviewna.