Welcome to Harbor View!
Harbor View Neighborhood Association Meeting
The next meeting of the Harbor View Neighborhood Association will be on August 8, 2022 at 6pm. Please NOTE that this is not on our regular first Monday of the month due to conflict in scheduling by the Board. The meeting is In Person only and via Facebook for recording. The meeting will be held in the Salesian Boys and Girls Club cafeteria, across from the Brooke Charter School on Byron Street. You can access the meeting from the front door on Byron Street or from the rear door on Wordsworth Street, which is the handicap entry to avoid the stairs. Since we will be indoors masks are optional for those in attendance.
Ricardo our interpreter will be available for our Spanish speaking members.
ONLY IN PERSON MEMBERS ARE ABLE TO VOTE ON FUTURE PROJECTS
La proxima reunion de Harbor View Neighborhood Association esta en el 8 de agosto 2022 a las 6pm. La reunion esta en persona y via Facebook para grabar . Llega a la cafeteria del Salesian Boys y Girls Club por la calle Byron al otro lado de Brooke Charter School. Pueda usar la entrada principal por la calle Byron o la entrada en calle de Wordsworth. La entrada de calle Wordsworth no tienne escaleras por personas con discapacidades.
El cubre bocas sera opcional puesto que estaremos adentro. Nuestro interprete Ricardo, est ara presente para nuestros miembros de habla hispana.
SOLO EN PERSONA LOS MIEMBROS PUEDEN VOTAR EN FUTUROS PROYECTOS
- Welcome/Introduction (5min)
- Announcements (5min) Due to Labor Day September 5, HVNA, will meet on September 12.
- Nathalia Benitez, Liaison Mayor’s Office.
- Welcome new Board members for September: Mike McCormack and Joe Steffano Jr. and thank Matt Barison and Barbara Puopolo for their service on the Board and their ongoing commitment and support of the Board and the Harbor View Neighborhood Association.
- Station 7 Police Report (15min) Sgt Cintolo, Officer Domenico and Officer Mosley
- Brooke Charter School (5min) Mark Loring, Chief Operating Officer for the Brooke Charter Schools will update us on any new developments on expansion. Also to review the traffic study recently completed.
- Neptune Circle Tree Planting (5min) Skip Marcella to discuss new project by Speak for the Trees, Tree Eastie and HVNA.
- District Attorney Candidates (10min) District Attorney Kevin Hayden and City Councilor Ricardo Arroyo will introduce themselves to us as they compete in the September primary for the Office of District Attorney for Suffolk County.
- 114 Coleridge Street/1 Short Street (25min) Attorney Jeff Drago for owner Joseph Ricupero. Proposal and VOTE. Demolish the existing single family home and erect 3 residential buildings, each with 3 units. Total 9 units with 9 parking spaces.
The next meeting of the HVNA will be on September 12, 2022. Reminder this is one week later than our usual meeting due to the Labor Day Holiday on Setember 5, 2022.
Visit us at http://www.facebook.com/groups/harborviewna
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.